This course is designed to prepare PM-ProLearners for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam. The course focuses on concepts of predictive, adaptive, and hybrid project management. Additional areas discussed in this course are the business environment of projects and project team leadership. We recommend you enroll at least 7 days prior to the course start date in order to complete the course pre-work.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate and address the project business environment including managing compliance, internal and external factors to the project, supporting organizational change, and employing continuous process improvement on the project.
- Given a scenario, explain the appropriate project methodology based on the urgency of the project and the need to deliver business value.
- Given a selected methodology, assess and plan for the project needs in terms of scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, communications, stakeholders, and procurements
- Explain and synergize the concepts of leading a high performing team, including virtual teams or team members to train, empower, and engage them with shared understanding
- Given a project scenario, evaluate the project and team progress and make changes as needed within the chosen project methodology
- Given a scenario, explain the techniques to identify, assess issues, and remove impediments, obstacles, and blockers to team performance and desired project outcomes
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders (internal and external) effectively
- Evaluate the project governance required to successfully complete the project goals including appropriate artifact management
- Establish general understanding of and know when to apply agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, and Xtreme Programming (XP)
- Understand and model basic agile principles and mindset on projects
- Understand and model servant leadership concepts
Several features of the course facilitate achieving these course objectives, and some objectives require self-study after the course to fully prepare for the PMP certification exam. The PM-ProLearn website and Learning Management System (LMS) provides a guide for the student experience and a foundation for the course materials as well as all post-course study and exam preparation. In addition to the PM-ProLearn site and LMS, students will have access to additional material from PMI to use for study post-course in preparation for the PMP exam.
Location & contact info:
AMIIC, 5021 Technology Dr, Suite E Huntsville Alabama United States 35805